UNPOPULAR OPINION- WHAT IS DATING EVEN IN 2019?


28th March, 2019
7:10 PM



You know you have stepped into your adulthood when you start commuting to work by bus/train because you are earning peanuts and you want to go out every weekend also your best friend's birthday is coming up.


So the first idea I had for today’s blog was 10 things women are doing it wrong, and no get your heads out of the gutter. But really I did start coming up with good content until I asked two of my male friends about what do they think women are doing wrong, you know in the whole dating scenario. And I must say their answers surprised me a bit,

“I just can’t think of anything in particular, that women are doing wrong.”

"Men. Men. Men. And Men."


It may just be two peoples opinion, but it sure as hell says a lot. Need I elaborate more?


This made me question all the content I had been building up, and maybe we are doing something wrong, maybe not. I can say one thing that everyone’s situations are different and you cannot generalize those scenarios for the entire womankind. I would like to thank the both my friends who made me realize this. 

Anyways, after a lot of brainstorming, I could not come up with an idea for today’s post and it hit me when I was at work, because where else can you get productive. No? Okay.

I put a story on my Instagram yesterday, asking for opinions on dating, or what they think about dating, and it has been the best 24 hours of my life, collecting these answers.



HERE WE GO:

"Dating is Simple, Compound and Complex."

 "Dating is when you are an attention whore for just that one person, I guess."

"Dating these days is a chase game. You either wanna chase or be chased."



"When your favourite sex toy is her mind."

"When she calls you by your name the previous day, and Daddy next?"

"Dating is a Waste of time. Why Flirt with one when you can flirt with many." 




"Dating not equal to sex. Period."

"Guys really need to learn how to accept a no. Second date nahi hua to bitch bulayega?" 



FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!


"Merger Voids in life to be filled with overly affectionate behaviour and drugs."


"Fill the Void."





"I have the worst luck in my romantic life. Let's put it this way, if I fell into a barrel of boobs, I'd come out sucking my thumb."


"Tried staying Celibate, but then I realised life fucks me everyday."



AWWW MAN



"When I was in a relationship, I was scared that I'd get so attached that I couldn't live without it. Now that I haven't been in one for a while, I'm scared of becoming content with a loveless life."

"It's when you feel a soul mate connection with someone."



CHOKING ON THEM FEELS 





CONCLUSION:

I think you guys get it, mostly.

Also one very unpopular opinion I’d like to share with everyone is-

"DATING DOES NOT MEAN, BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP."

I think today, everyone automatically assumes that dating means you’re in a relationship. Dating is nothing but the courting period, or the phase where the guy and the girl are getting to know each other by spending time to see if they want to commit to each other in a relationship or not. Unless you make it exclusive and decide not to see other people, there is no harm in keeping your options open.


But this does not apply to us, and you know why, because dating does not exist anymore. This is the era of hookups. Then again it depends on person to person, but what I see are people trying to fill these voids up by engaging in sexual activities. Sure, for a while it might feel good, but it is temporary. Those voids will make its way back, and hence begins the vicious cycle.


We, as humans fail to understand what we want. We think we want something casual but deep down you know that is not what we want. At the end of the day you’ll be tired of the game and and up wounded and lonely. 

You don’t really need anyone to make us happy; YOU can only make YOU HAPPY.  And if you are happy, then you know you are ready to get romantically involved with anyone, otherwise unhappy you is equal to an unhappy relationship. 


Side note to all people who live the hoe-life - You should do what you want is best for you, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You are not ready for a commitment? Then you don’t have to get emotionally vested, as long as both the parties have a mutual understanding. Then have all the fun you want ;) 




UNPOPULAR OPINION OF THE DAY: Tinder, Hinge, Bumble etc are dating apps not Hookup apps.


 PS: To all those who got offended by the term hoe, yeah well what can you do? Nobody is slut shaming you. If you are easily offended then maybe you are on the wrong blog.  






OKAY MAYBE NOT. HERE IS A CUTE DOGGO BLEP FOR Y'ALL! 



BYE ☺️

























Comments

  1. Very insightful. The barrel of boobs quote is applicable for me too, its just that I wouldn't even know WHERE the barrel is. Too much dumbfuck juice no? Thanks for the doggo, very nice. Mlem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts